The successful defence of a criminal prosecution can take a variety of forms including:
- Verdict of not guilty at the end of trial proceedings.
- Order of discharge at the conclusion of a preliminary inquiry.
- Stay of proceedings entered at any stage of a prosecution.
- Complete withdrawal of all charges.
- Withdrawal of major/serious charges in exchange for a guilty plea to a minor offence.
Unless otherwise specifically stated, every case that appears in this website was defended by Patrick Fagan. In all of those cases the accused(s) walked out of the courthouse with Patrick Fagan instead of in the custody of a Sheriff.